Now that the election is over, I need to bump up my weekly mileage. As always, running is one of the only things that heals my soul. I keep telling myself that this will all smooth out over time, but it’s not easy to believe that with everything that is erupting at this moment. I remain hopeful by hitting the pavement and trails.
I want so badly for this country to come together and understand one another. Telling people to, “get over it,” only makes matters worse. If there is no empathy, and at the very least an attempt to put yourself in the others shoes, then this may never end. I know most of you are understanding, but together we must keep spreading a message of love and hope.
In the meantime, I personally do what heals my heart, and that means running with no GPS and no agenda. I go out and breathe in the fresh air, sweat, scream and maybe even shed a few tears. Then I come home and I cook– it’s what I do. A big pot of slow carbs is optimum for physical performance and thank goodness the meal below is loaded with them.
With the environment the way it is, the state of our personal finances and because this family loves animals, I am trying like hell to create more and more vegan meals that my kids will actually eat. I had little hope for this one, but much to my surprise, not only did my kids like it, they ask for it again and again. That’s my cue to put the recipe up on this site.
This can be served so many ways. My kids love to eat this on a bed of Organic Corn Chips almost like a Frito pie. It really tastes almost like meat chili. That’s why they like it so much– they really don’t miss the meat.
The very best thing about this meal is how easy it is. It’s a Slow Cooker dump meal that takes minutes to prep in the morning before you head out the door to work. I find it especially helpful on those nights when we are out late with kids activities and it makes a mean leftover lunch the next day or two.
- 1 cup of Organic Quinoa rinsed thoroughly
- 1- 14.5 oz Can of Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can of Organic Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1- 14. 5 oz can of Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2- 14.5 oz. cans of Beans ( I used white)
- 1- 14.5 oz can of Organic Corn
- 3 T. of Taco Seasoning
- 1 T of Cumin
- 1 t salt and pepper
- The juice of one Lime
- 1- small onion minced
- 1 cup of fresh Cilantro minced
- Rince Quinoa in a fine strainer and drain water. Mince onion and Cilantro. Drain and Rinse beans and Corn. Squeeze Lime juice into Crock Pot. Place all ingredients into a medium to large Slow Cooker- give a good mix. It will seem watery at first, but the quinoa will absorb all of the fluids at the end of the cook cycle. Turn on low for 4-6 hours. Garnish with Green Onions, vegan Sour Cream, Olives or Vegan Cheese.
[bctt tweet=”So delicious–>Easy Crock Pot Dump Meal- Vegan Taco Chili #FitFluential”]
What’s your favorite Crock Pot Meal?