Oftentimes, I play around with ingredients and try and create new recipes. I would say about 80% of the time they are complete kitchen failures. I think about how different flavors and textures would taste together, and since I am not a professional, most often they don’t work. Sometimes, this gets me down, and I say things like, “why do you keep wasting food?” or ” you suck, stay out of the kitchen” but for whatever reason, I keep trying–I guess I like to create, more than I care about failure.
Today, put something together that I wasn’t sure about, but surprisingly, it turned out tasting really good. I was inspired by baked oatmeal, but wanted to add more protein and nutrients so that could eat them as a post workout meal— the cottage cheese adds extra protein, plus it has fiber and carbs.
You could top this with just about anything from blueberries to chocolate chips. You can make them ahead and store in the refrigerator, until ready to serve, plus they’re Gluten free.
- 3/4 cup of Gluten Free Old Fashion Oats
- 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 cup of egg whites or 4 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. of ground cinnamon
- 1 t. chia seeds
- 1 t. flax meal
- 1 T. of Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 T. of Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1 T. of Grapeseed oil
- 1/2 t. of Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- In a medium sized bowl mix Oats, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, flax meal, chia seeds, and Brown Sugar. Add egg whites, Cottage Cheese, Grapeseed oil, vanilla, and Maple Syrup, blend until throughly mixed. Line a cupcake pan with large muffin liners. Fill cups half way. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Makes 6 cups.
What’s your go to post workout meal?
Do you like Oatmeal?
For more pre and post work out meal ideas, follow my Running Fuel Dreams Pinterest Board–