I did this easy Valentine Cereal Treat with my kids today. I was inspired by a similar version of this that I did at Easter last year. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got the original idea from, so I have no way of giving the appropriate person credit… so, so sorry.
What you will need…
– 6 cups of Rice (or other) Cereal — I used Quaker Heathy Hearts Cereal
– 1 bag 10oz of Marshmallows
– 3 T. Butter
– Small Valentine Candy or Conversation Hearts
– Plastic Conversation Heart Containers
– Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
– Add Marshmallows and stir until completely melted. remove from heat
– Mix in Cereal
– Grab small bunch of the warm mixture (I used my hands)…
– Smoosh the warm mixture into one half of the Plastic Conversation Heart Container
– Then repeat on other side.
– Place candy in the center and close the container
When you open it back up the container acts as mold. The candy inside is a secret until they bite into it.